Saturday, December 10, 2011

NaNoWriMo Wrap-Up, Reestablishing Rythyms

With a little over a week having passed since NaNoWriMo's conclusion, I'll be working to reestablish the normal biweekly frequency of posts on the Nexus blogs.  This year's NaNo was marginally a success, even with Skyrim's intervention, but my plan to complete the draft and chronicle my progress on Fictional Matters went up in smoke. 

I was forced to suspend work on the doujinshi project in NaNo's favor, so now begins the unpleasant task of delving back into the fold.  One positive result of the November hiatus is the opportunity to further hone my skills with Photoshop and drawing in general. Though my skill with penciling and lineart are nearly where I need them to be, I still haven't gotten the hang of coloring or applying values, whether in traditional painting styles or manga tones. I'm almost afraid to go back to the pages I did in October for fear of the amount of work that will need to be done.  But the sooner this doujin is finished, the sooner I can move on to the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment